Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Running Man's New Blog Shanghai Street

Hello World!

I'm the Running Man and I'm blogging from China. I would like to welcome you to my blog, in which I will be writing about living in China. My background is over twenty years of customer service / management experience in retail, hospitality, and private enterprise, and I have a psychology degree. I'm also a writer.

I've lived in Shanghai for the past 5 years, working as an English teacher to young urban business professionals. I'm married to a Shanghainese woman and we have an infant daughter. My perspective is that of a caucasian US American male, 40-ish, with small town values and big city street smarts. Above all, I value truth, and realize that, while perhaps it is in the eye of the beholder, there is also sometimes a need to make a stand. I have no agenda other than to express my observations, which are filtered through my experience and knowledge and insight of what is happening below the social surface where China is concerned. I do it in part to express my own creativity and frustrations, and also for the benefit of people who may have less experience stepping outside their own perspectives and projections, when it comes to living on a China Street.

I invite comments, argument, and insights. I also have little truck with rationalizations, aggressive speech, spam, drivel, or propaganda. I've decided to post anonymously in order to keep arguments of personal views out of my classrooms, and also to avoid the wackos, which are not in short supply.

Check in! Leave a comment if you like.

TRM

Shanghai Street Blog
http://shanghaist.blogspot.com/

No comments: